Saturday, December 2, 2006

Eyes on the prize

A lot of issues for mixed race foster children centre around an ability to focus. It is an issue which still affects me y life from time to time. It is for this reason I love this song. I have created a slideshow including slides from my trip to riviera maya in mexico. The people were amazing and I would highly recommend a trip to Mexico for a holiday. They seemed to love the fact that I was mixed race. And got referred to as lenny kravitz the entire holiday. The hotel manageress introduced myself and my partner to a mexican rock star who was apparently massive in mexico, we met her friends a travelling french philiosopher and a cuban graphic designer who had been wearing the same battered tennis shoes since he wore since he arrived in mexico. One night we were all drinking in the evening, a cool breeze in the local reggae bar where I was suprised at their vast selection of recent tunes, so recent in fact, I had hardly hear any of them, then I remembered we were just across from Jamaica. I am hoping to make my first visit to westmoreland, negril in January. This is where my father was born.

You can cheque out the some of the pics in my slideshow at www.fosterchildstory.com

4 comments:

Pilgrimage to Self said...

Hi, I just had a look at your website and it's good to know there is someone out there doing what you do.

you can contact me at yummumblogs@yahoo.com

You may also be interested to know that I live in the West Midlands as well.

A.H. said...

An "ability to focus"?
Focus on race?
Focus on learning: ADHD?
Not sure what this generalistaion means. Your oher website is interesting too.

A.H. said...

JA Rogers.
Destroyed the idea of racism? Did he? I don't think that is possible. I suspect he destroyed the idea of Aryan superiority in his writings.

A.H. said...

PS.
Blog intro: "multicultural identity". This implies the identity that you or I might have within multiculturalism: our tolerance of different faiths and cultures and practices. Are you using "multicultural" as a substitute for "mixed race"? The term is somewhat ambiguous.